A Dream Realized...a Man Revered
Wednesday, October 15th 2008 marked an unexpected and tragic loss for a family that has commanded the respect & attention of many communities as a beacon of positive influence. The Shukla family started with a young man from a small Indian village who fought with sheer determination, education and the stubborn perseverance to rise above the proverbial American dream. The story will never get old as I continue to dig deeper into the life of a patriarch who diligently worked to allow his family the affluence of conviction, the euphony of music, the warmth of home and the knowledge that scholastic success can lead to absolute greatness.
With a strong arm and a heart of gold, Suresh Narayan Shukla built a foundation that his benevolent wife, 3 beautiful daughters, 2 sons-in-laws and 2 precious grandchildren can firmly stand upon for the rest of their lives. From meager beginnings to a life meant to be celebrated for everything accomplished, I can only say that I am genuinely proud to be apart of an epilogue that has touched so many in such profound ways.
I thank him for giving us the opportunity to know and love his dream. For my best friend Smita, a father who is proud of her in the kind of magnitude that will take her a lifetime to internalize. For Jyoti and Geeta who have taken to their dad's steadfast example and started their own families under his careful tutelage. And for Shuba, a woman who has never wavered through any trial or tribulation, giving herself unconditionally to protect & support the family she holds dear; all the while, laughing, singing and loving without fail. Her strength, will now carry this extraordinary family through the next chapter of a history ready to be made as Suresh watches with noble eyes from his final place of rest.
No words can encapsulate how much this man has changed this place for the better. The only possible barometer lies in our ability to share in the legacy that will now unfold with those he left behind. Suresh, I appreciate the addition of all the rich colors that illuminate your story, in turn, humbly allowing mine to shine that much brighter; I will never forget you for the kind grace you always exuded. Please rest well and may peace walk closely beside you as I try my best to take care of your loves in every way I know how.
1 comment:
Christine,
Thank you. This is beyond beautiful. He was the most amazing father a daughter could ever ask for, and your words have captured the essence of what we will all miss so dearly.
I love you.
I love you, Dad.
S.
Post a Comment