Monday, June 9, 2008

The Sophomore Post

In the music industry, it is common knowledge that the sophomore album will make or break an up & coming artist; separating one-hit wonders from their legendary counterparts. Thus, as I compose my second blog posting, I am crippled by the fear that I will fail in my ability to cultivate long-term success as a novice blogger. What if my vision fails to offer the key element that sustains my popularity in the blogging industry? What if my material is superfluous or heaven forbid, uninspiring? What if...my blog never has...another 'hit' again?!

I suppose the acknowledgement of this unnerving anxiety will help catapult me to the next level; perhaps used as a foundation to not only stand upon but take leaps from, as I strive to be extraordinary. And so, on the heels of my parallel reference to music, I'd like to share a song I recently finished writing. My true intent is to integrate musical composition for these lyrics so I have a body of work that is definitive and tangible.

GOOD ENOUGH

Verse 1:
How does it feel to forget the lies
you tell yourself?
While you suffocate reality,
but cry out
for help?

Deep down you realize you can’t hide
much longer,
they'll soon catch up to you,
one,
followed close by another.

Chorus:
If you would, please just put
me in the place you keep regrets.
So any time you want to find...
me,
that's right where I’ll be.

Verse 2:
It took all of who I am,
to give you what I gave,
but you kept taking and taking,
now it’s me,
who needs to be saved.

Because I would’ve tried my hardest
to give you everything you could’ve wanted
but I can see,
that I’ll never be…
good enough.

Chorus Reprise:
If you would, please just put
me in the place you keep regrets.
So any time you want to find...
me,
that's right where I’ll be.

Lead to Bridge:
I’ve resolved to stand aside
to watch you live out your lies,
but I never knew it'd kill like this,
Thought I felt a little more behind your kiss.

Bridge:
I hope one day you'll stand to face
your truth
but I just proved you right.
My heart is shattered...
and I've lost this fight.

Fade Chorus:
Please if you would,
remember the place you keep regrets.
So when you think you can't live without me,
that's where you left me.

No comments: