This past weekend was Seattle's Annual Solstice Fremont Fair. I, being an avid supporter of the sun, came out in full effect on both days as an active "fair-goer". Apparently every wizard, busker, nudist, magician, and transient within a 5 mile radius had the very same idea. It was refreshing to brush shoulders with such a wide variety of characters; I never knew Seattle was so...colorful.
I met an interesting fellow whom R. & I have conveniently named Ted. He had a quiet reserve that commanded my attention from the moment I laid eyes on him until I finally succumbed to pure exhaustion from thinking about him on end. His full grown, free-shaped beard and sun-drenched locks presented themselves in a hobo chic kind of sexy...as if he styled his hair with a dash of Bumble & Bumble and many days spent lovingly caressed by Seattle's gentle winds.
As I contemplated how to coyly show him my interest without coming on too strong, we took a few moments to study his mannerisms; gaining insight toward a foolproof approach to nab the yeti of my dreams. The three of us shared a pas de trois for 20+ minutes, Rebecca & I in the safe confines of our vehicle and Ted on his public bench in front of Fremont Coffee Co. I desperately wanted to travel through his thoughts as his dark, shifty eyes darted every which way but always managing to miss my glance. He seemed like a deep-thinker from what we were able to garner; perhaps he had Existentialism on the mind, or contemplating the logistics behind his move to "Go Green"...who knows what was actually turning his wheels but as far as we could tell, that big wheel kept on turning.
Deflated and dejected from not being able to capture his watchful stare, I drove off into the sunset with the resounding question of "what if..." resting in the back of my mind. What if I made the biggest mistake by not making a bold as love move? What if I brought a transient home to meet the family? What if he was...the one? I guess some questions are better left unanswered because the intrigue of not knowing leaves something to be imagined as I haven't been able to stop thinking about Ted since that fateful day. So thank you, Fremont Fair, for allowing me to realize there is potential, at Anywhere Fair, U.S.A.
2 comments:
Oh momma. You're crushing (yes, call me Fat Joe) a lot these days on, well...EVERYONE. ;)
I heard he likes green apples only. No fuji or honey crisp for "Ted" :) I wonder if he considers golden delicious a "green apple"?
A
Post a Comment