You make at least one every day. Whether to wake up, to eat breakfast, to go to work, to smile, to laugh, to love. The kind of careers you'll have, the types of friends you'll keep, the relationships you'll willingly be apart of are all choices you're given the opportunity to weigh in upon, however, the consequences ultimately rest on you and you alone. It's difficult to remember that at times, but such is life. Choices are a double-edged sword. These decisions shape the layout of your subsistence ranging from a microscopic level leading to the bigger picture and can result in positive or unfortunately, catastrophic ends. I've had some time of late to re-evaluate every one of mine. The ones I've already staked claim to and the ones I'm about to blindly take part in. It's been an eye-opening experience in which I've been given the chance to start fresh. I get to choose where I go from here...the kind of freedom I am (up 'til now) very unfamiliar with. I get to purge myself of the habits and scenerios I've perhaps grown accustomed to out of sheer indifference and tolerance. I am making the choice to breathe calmly, to pursue my passions and expunge any and all negativity that has clouded my vision up to this point.
28 years and I'm finally living...it's about damn time.
No comments:
Post a Comment