A heartless mother
screams at her daughter
"You're worse than worthless;
I wish I never bothered
when I had the chance,
to take your life away.
Now you're the reason,
I'll die one day."
What did I ever do, to deserve you?
How could you?
Why would you?
Maybe one day you'll see
every forgotten apology
regret the life you've lived
without me.
Kick me 'round like a ragdoll,
You told me I don't matter.
I'm a shell of the person
you've bruised and battered.
What did I do, to deserve you?
How could you?
Why would you?
Maybe one day I'll see,
past forgotten apologies,
lie to myself one last time,
"Maybe she believed in me."
If I mean less
than the ground you walk on,
would anyone notice
if I were gone?
My voice unheard
in a pathetic song?
I've spent years trying to cover
scars across my chest
from having you
as a mother.
No comments:
Post a Comment