Friday, July 25, 2008

The things I dream that I can do, I'll open up the moon for you...

Thank you Sara Bareilles, for the captivating lyric that serves my latest title. It alone encompasses, in minimal capacity, how I'm feeling right here and now. Having recovered from a slew of agonizing awakenings of late, I've arrived at a new place in my life. Call it Le Rennaissance if you want...

I've realized that the act of opening yourself up to life's inevitable challenges, be it relationships, adventures, or unchartered territory, allows us to positively progress as individuals. Each instance provides us with an opportunity to learn and become better persons for having experienced said transformation. You take the good with the bad and filter the fragments to discover what the bigger picture should have really been after the smoke clears. You ask yourself what it was you were truly meant to see. You question the purpose of these encounters to identify their underlying meaning in juxtaposition to your life.

The answers you find will assuredly give you the confidence to move mountains as they inject a sense of invincibility into your very being. As I replay everything I've learned from my most recent foray, acknowledging the fact that it painstakingly blurred the lines between friendship, love, relationship and irreparably broke a small part of me, I can say I've had small taste for what it could be like to be intoxicatingly happy. And I'm ready for more... Ready, for the real thing. I'm ready to love and be loved..unconditionally.

I've found a new beginning and it is the catalyst behind my drive to live these lyrics...to dream those things I know I'll do; go up to that moon and bring it down for you. ; )

No comments: