Dear Blog,
I want to first start off by confessing my sincerest apologies...forgive me, for it has been almost two weeks since my last post. I have not been kind to you, and for that, I am very sorry. I never meant to treat you like that baby...not you, and never again.
As I reflect on the cavalcaad that has circumvented my life in the half month past, I reached a temporary impasse as to the method of transferring this pertinent information to you. With my head spinning around in circles ready to implode from the sheer excitement of sharing my stories with you, I will try my best to keep steady the chronology of my life as I know it. Here we go...
For two weekends in succession, I've had the privilege of creating vibrant memories with a multiple array of very important people in my life. Friday night started with a movie-going experience of epic proportions. Note to Reader: Rent Spellbound. If you don't laugh yourself into tears within the first 10 minutes, I can no longer talk to you. Rebecca and I nearly lost our dinners rolling around on the floor laughing or, in computer speak, ROTFL. Funniest. Documentary. Ever. Check it out.
Moving on to Saturday in the Park: Andrea, Aidan & I had Family Day at Meydenbauer Center in the heart of Bellevue. In what proved to be the sunniest day since the beginning of summer, we had a picnic, dipped our toes in the water,
That same night, we moved our great friend Heidi into her new condo in Belltown wherein the three of us, tired from transporting her possessions 3 blocks down the street (driving), ordered takeout, I repeat takeout...from Black Bottle. Pretension? Check. Bottle of Rose? Check. Deckside view of Elliott Bay? Check. It's going to be a BEAUTIFUL summer...
I then proceeded to meet up with R. and her maxi dress of model proportions for a glass of vino @ Ocho which turned into 3, PLUS a death-defying shot of tequila from a group of Asian guys who hit on us; of whom Rebecca and I TOWERED over when we finally stood up. I do believe, however, that I asked them if they were B. Boys from Randy Jackson's America's Best Dance Crew; I don't think they liked that so much. At any rate, cut to me flat on my back on R.'s couch with the spins. Waking up at 7am, confused and still extremely anebriated, it was time to get ready for my first Gay Pride Parade with S. and Chels!
With my screenprinted shirt in tow (see previous post), I prepped myself for everything the L.'s had in store for this year's festivities. And boy did we soak up the rays and all things gay. We steadily drank for what seemed like a baker's dozen hours, and ended up at the best outdoor dance party I've ever attended at the Wild Rose. As R. and I practiced our Urban Stipper moves from our latest dance lesson, we were approached by a strikingly beautiful, androgynous L.
It was a conversation I'll never forget and ended up being the highlight of my Pride as we hit it off intellectually, metaphysically and shared a commonality that is often times hard to find. Needless to say, 2008 boasted the Best. Gay Pride. Ever.
The Fourth of July was a solemn occassion spent in solitude that marked my discovery of being able to enjoy BOTH of Seattle's fireworks shows from my very own rooftop deck; please note that I have been living there for 4 years. Anyhow, long live America: I love you and your freedom from Britain.
Saturday evening was spent downloading engagement stories as my good friends Cathy and Jordana were recently affianced to their respective paramours. I was struck with tears of excitement as Cat impatiently exclaimed that I was to be a bridesmaid in her Sonoma County wedding. Wine country and wedding party, words that are music to my alcoholic ears.
I would also like to take this opportunity to lend a shoutout to Lindsey Strong who also offered her hand in marriage in New Orleans this past month. Congratulations to the three couples as they begin planning their weddings. Here are the gorgeous brides to be:
And finally, we rest on today...where R. and I spent a lazy Sunday having French brunch at Cafe Presse, shopping in Seattle's many boutiqueries, people watching @ Pike Place Market and laughing at our deluded, hypothetical situations until it hurt. It was also spent counting the various bruises from our fistfight in Jordana's bathroom the night prior that resulted in my shoving Rebecca into a bottle of peachy aromatic oil meant to evaporate slowly over time, NOT poured directly onto human skin. It was like a peach bomb exploded in my car on the drive home...
What a WHIRLWIND start to the summer huh? ...I am more than positive I have forgotten some of the aforementioned memories that have left lasting impressions because of my delayed blogging efforts. I promise to keep you "posted" as the season hecticly unravels. Stay with me...'cause you're in for a Dramamine-may-be-necessary ride. Next up? My birthday! Stay tuned...


No comments:
Post a Comment