Thursday, July 30, 2009

A New Piece

As I was driving the other day, words started flooding my brainspace forcing me to pull over and write them down. OK, so I technically didn't put ink to paper but I recorded said thoughts via the Memo App on my Blackberry; ahh, the brilliance of technology. Anyhow, it feels tremendous to have my emotions running on high because I know that the end result begins the healing process. So there I was, sitting on the side of the road smiling like a bumbling idiot because I was feeling something...and for the first time in quite the long while, I let myself. And although it was shrouded by nostalgia and sadness, it makes room for new experiences to enter into my realm and THAT is just plain EXCITING!

You're worth a million dollars
in counterfeit bills.
The kind of worthless girl whose lies
could kill.
Nothing from your lips nor eyes
are real.

I have no doubt you're my honest mistake.
The kind of fatal poison
I wanna take
Left me here in pretty bad shape;
a little torn without you...
a lot worse if I do.

No comments: