UPDATE (Unsolved Mysteries style): Construction is swiftly underway but before I close out the year, I wanted to eek out one last post. I've finished my previously 'Untitled' piece; adding to it the last element that in my humble opinion, makes it take fight and wanted to fold it into the amazing year that was 2008. A recent conversation revealed the type of dedication and level of obsessive compulsive steadfastness it takes to write and rewrite a song until its full potential is thoroughly uncovered. In essense, it can be said that lyrics should never be considered absolute until the songwriter deems it such...and so, their words are placed into a sort of cyclical retrospection for an indeterminate amount of time. I am positive that once this is published, I will look back upon it this time next year and have new thoughts and am excited at the time capsule-esque medium this blog encompasses.
As I Fall
Verse:
I never knew it could feel so right
to discover the little things
she leaves hidden in plain sight.
Chorus Lead:
Her passion, her mind, her fearless sense of drive...
The way she steals slight glances,
The way she creates her chances,
Lights up every room in the house she keeps desire.
Chorus:
I'd blindly follow her gentle voice,
And if I never saw again, it'll be worth having made the choice.
I'd happily get lost within her walls,
And slowly take each step, until I reach the one before I fall.
Verse:
I never knew I'd crave her smile,
that I'd miss her when I'm with her,
where inches feel like measureless miles.
Chorus Lead:
Her talent, her laugh, her unrelenting charm...
The way she shyly looks away,
The way she calms my tattered frays,
Fills up every corner in my house with brilliant song.
Chorus:
I'd blindly follow her gentle voice,
And if I never saw again,
it was worth having made the choice.
I'd happily stay lost within her walls,
And slowly find each step, 'til I take the one that makes me fall.
Bridge:
I would sooner grasp for air to break my fall,
'cause losing any part of her,
may be the worst thought of all...
No comments:
Post a Comment