Sunday, September 7, 2008

6 W's and a Golden Ticket

As I was perusing the candy aisle in the midsts of a chocolate craving of insurmountable proportions, I noticed something severely disconcerting that made me ask the 6 W's: What has happened to the packaging of my favorite chocolate bars?! Where is the inner layer of foil securely wrapped by its name brand paper sleeve? Why are the major cacao conglomerates trying to shave a few pennies off production lines by solely utlizing plastic resources? When will they understand that the duo of paper and foil hold within it, the innocence of my childhood memories?! Small, curious hands neatly tearing off the outer shell...gently pulling away at the corner of that crinkling wrapper to reveal the aforementioned deliciousness. Who is responsible for stealing the one thing that made eating chocolate an experience to revel in? How about when I pretend I'm Charlie from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory as he unwraps the Wonka Bar that would hold his deserved Golden Ticket?!


For the 30 seconds I spent having this inane train of thought, I realized I'll most likely never have any of that back. I guess chocolate will no longer taste as sweet and that once luscious, velvety treat has now returned to its original beginnings...color me just as bitter.

No comments: